Each year the Dairy Calf and Heifer Association (DCHA) offers a $1,000 scholarship. Students currently enrolled in an agriculture-related field at an accredited college or university are eligible to apply. A person may receive the scholarship only once, and must meet the following requirements for consideration.
• Be a member of DCHA, or the son, daughter or legal dependent of a DCHA member
• Have completed at least one year of post-high school education
• Be attending an accredited college or university
• Be enrolled in a field of agriculture (e.g., dairy science, animal/veterinary science, agricultural technical course, ag communications, ag business, etc.) or in a course of study with relevance to agriculture
Submit the following with the scholarship application:
• Complete collegiate transcript (including term just completed)
• One letter of recommendation from college/university faculty member
• Up to a one-page typed essay underscoring career goals, future involvement in agriculture and the importance of agriculture to our world
• High-resolution photo suitable for print and digital usage
Applications must be received by end of business day on Wednesday, February 20, 2020. Email completed applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• DCHA Board of Directors will review the applications and select a recipient
• The recipient will be recognized during the DCHA Annual Meeting on April 9, 2020
• Payment will be made directly to the student upon proof of fall term enrollment
• The scholarship must be used in the year following the award
For more information and questions, please contact DCHA at 855-400-DCHA or email@example.com.